Local Wetlands

SATURDAY 11th FEBRUARY 2012

The forecast was for good weather, so I set off in the morning to Kempton , where I hadn't been for some time. When I arrived, a Buzzard was prowling nearby, which could be considered a good or a bad omen, depending on point of view.

Buzzard

The lakes were all frozen over, so other than a few moorhens and a swan, there were no water birds to be seen. In the reed beds however, the Reed Buntings were having a field day.

Reed Bunting (female)

Reed Bunting (juvenile male)

Reed Bunting (male)

Reed Bunting (male)

Reed Bunting (male)
I stopped off in Addlestone for some purchases, and noticed a parade of shops with traditional roofs and lots of House Sparrows.

House Sparrow (male)
Mid afternoon, to Woking to see the Owls. I wasn't disappointed!

Kestrel

Kestrel

Short Eared Owl

Short Eared Owl

Short Eared Owls

Short Eared Owls

Short Eared Owls

Short Eared Owls

No comments:

Post a Comment