Painshill, New Haw & Dunsfold

26th to 31st AUGUST 2010

On my first visit for some time to Painshill, I was pleased to find that a pair of Great Crested grebes had produced four chicks.

And I was even more pleased when a Buzzard appeared over the lake.

By the River Wey near Brooklands, a Kingfisher landed right in front of me.



Then on to the New Haw gravel pit, where a Kestrel was doing a circuit.

And the Linnets were still about.

A juvenile Linnet and Goldfinch take a bath together.

And another Linnet.

On bank holiday Sunday we spent the day at the Brooklands Wings & Wheels event at Dunsfold Park. as always, the red Arrows display was spectacular.

A Hawker Hunter flying in formation with a Hurricane is not a common sight.

And a star of the show was the Vulcan bomber.

The Seahawk reminded me of the days i lived near Yeovilton in the 1960s.

A Spitfire and a Mustang, both with R R Merlin engines, provide an interesting comparison.

Gymnastics on top of an airoplane? Hmmm. Not for the faint-hearted, I think.

And finally, the Typhoon (aka Eurofighter).

to be continued...





No comments:

Post a Comment