Langstone, Pagham & Sidlesham

THURSDAY, 15th APRIL 2010

Pagham Harbour is a place I can't resist visiting at least once a year, and today was the day. On the way I called in at Langstone on Hayling Island, but it was such a cold wind I didn't stay long. My first sighting at Pagham was a Redshank, searching the mud in the rising water.

Near the sea entrance, I saw a group of birds swimming against the current. As I pointed my camera, they took fright and flew away. Examination of the picture afterwards shows this to be a female Red-Breasted Merganser.

In the shelter of an isolated pool, a flock of Turnstones were busy doing what Turnstones do.

... and as the wind was strong and cold, the Skylarks were feeding on the ground in preference to singing in the air.

As always, the Crows were stroppy.

A lone Oystercatcher looks for his dinner.

I walked north along the east side of Pagham Harbour past Church Farm. This Buzzard was in a conflict with a Crow, and flew off towards Sidlesham.

For a long time, I sat watching a pairof Swans apparently tacking up and down a pool, using their wings as sails. (Pictures to de added.)

And back at the coast, a Kestrel doid his rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment